Arizona summers can be brutally hot, especially down here in the valley. Sometimes it can take all the energy you can muster just to step outside into the oppressive heat. As a provider of HOA management in Peoria, AZ, we certainly feel that way!
Of course, just because the weather’s hot doesn’t mean there aren’t still activities you can enjoy around the region. There are plenty of ways you can beat the heat and still leave the comfort of your air-conditioned home. Here are just a few examples of some of the best ways for you to get out, have fun and still stay cool all summer long:
- Waterparks: Waterparks are great in that you can still enjoy the outdoors, but also stay cool. There are plenty of massive waterparks in the area, one of the first of which that comes to mind is Sunsplash in Mesa, which offers evening hours and a relaxing lazy river. But of course, any water park you head to will have great coasters, wave pools, body slides and so much more to offer. It’s fun for the whole family!
- Head to the lake: Phoenix may be located in a desert, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any bodies of water. There are a few large lakes in the area, and a day splashing around near the shores can be a great way to stay cool. Saguaro Lake, for example, is one of the most scenic lakes in the region and a great spot for boating, relaxing, water skiing, fishing or just about anything else you have in mind.
- Head to the mall: You can always count on malls to be air conditioned, and there are some really high-quality ones dotted throughout the valley. You can head to the Chandler Fashion Center and see what the latest trends are, or enjoy a stroll through the Paradise Valley Mall. San Tan Village in Gilbert also has a nice theater, great restaurants and really pretty landscaping.
- Get some ice cream: This one is sure to be a hit with the kids. There are countless ice cream shops around the valley. You could get some standard ice cream or soft serve from any number of places, or visit one of the area’s gelato stands. If you’ve never had gelato before, it’s worth a shot. Gelato is an Italian version of ice cream that is smoother and has bolder flavors.
- Get to the zoo early: During the summer, the Phoenix Zoo offers early admission beginning at 7 a.m. Not only will this help you to avoid some of the biggest crowds, but it will also allow you to enjoy the zoo while it’s still relatively comfortable outside. In addition, the animals are more likely to be active in the earlier hours of the day, before the sun gets too hot!
Museums and aquariums: There are plenty of local museums, art galleries and the largest aquarium in the southwest (OdySea Aquarium), all of which are air conditioned and give you really interesting educational opportunities to enjoy. They’re also all great spots to take your kids!
Looking for more tips for how you can enjoy yourself but still stay cool this summer in the Valley? Contact our HOA management company in Peoria, AZ today and we’ll be happy to point you in the direction of other great activities.