If your community is self-managed and you are serving on the Board of Directors, at some point, you might find it difficult to handle the multiple homeowner’s association management activities within the neighborhood. Conversely, you may already have an HOA management company in Chandler, AZ, but you haven’t been happy with working with them.
Having the best HOA management in Chandler, AZ is an important part of making sure your neighborhood is a sought-after place to live and that everyone who lives there enjoys it. If you’re looking to hire a new HOA management company, here’s what you need to know.
Ask the right questions
Whether it’s your first time working with an HOA management company in Chandler, AZ, or you’re switching HOA management companies, you’ll want to thoroughly vet the new prospect before signing any contracts. Try asking some of the following questions:
- What’s your experience? You’ll want to hire a company that has experienced and certified community managers. Experienced managers will be able to effectively guide and support the Board of Directors when important decisions are being made.
- How do you handle association financials? The HOA management company in Chandler, AZ that you choose should be experienced and adept at handling association financials. That includes budgeting, preparing financial statements and collecting dues. How does the prospective company handle collections? What are their financial reports like?
- How does your company handle maintenance issues? An important part of HOA responsibilities is handling issues like major repairs, re-paving roads and replacing roofs. How does the company plan to handle maintenance requests when they come in? Larger communities often have difficulties with these issues and fixing them is important for the appearance of your neighborhood.
- How do you communicate with the members? Many boards switch HOA management companies when the current company does not communicate well or at all with the members of the community. Taking several days to respond to requests or questions or not following through or providing updates on projects are bad communication habits. The company should also be transparent with its financial and other association documents and make them accessible to members.
- What’s the turnover and consistency within your company? HOA management companies in Chandler, AZ that constantly switch community managers can be frustrating for board members. It disrupts the momentum of the Board of Directors and involves a learning curve for the new manager to become familiar with the property and the needs of the community.
- Can I meet the community manager? The community manager will be the person you’re working with the most in your HOA, so it’s important to be able to develop a good rapport and communication with them right away. Do they care about the community? Are they responsive to efforts to communicate? How many years of experience do they have? Your manager should enjoy their job and make you feel at ease with the company.
At Tru-Star Management Solutions LLC, we cater to your needs. Whether you live in a condominium association, single-family community or master-planned community, we have the tools, technology and expertise that produce tangible results.
Our passion for this industry and personal care for our clients is evidenced by the exceptional customer service we provide. You can expect more stability, more knowledge, more professionalism and much less manager turnover with our HOA management company in Chandler, AZ. Call today or request a proposal!