If you’re a homeowner, you’re already putting in a big investment not just to your own home, but also to your neighborhood. If you live in a community that has a homeowners association, you are required to make regular assessment payments that go towards maintaining the HOA’s amenities such as a pool, clubhouse, private streets, and more. Your HOA is run by a board of directors, but did you know as a member of the community, you can become a member of the board?
There are more reasons other than just protecting your own investment why it might be a good idea for you to serve on your HOA’s board of directors. Here’s some quick info about why you might consider getting more involved in the operations of your HOA in Chandler, AZ:
- Correct various issues: If you’ve noticed problems popping up in your neighborhood, including maintenance issues, parking violations, or issues with problematic neighbors, you can take an active role in correcting those issues by volunteering to serve on your HOA’s board.
- Ensure the board is working for its residents: In addition to correcting issues that pop up with homes in the HOA, you can also play an active role in ensuring the board itself is meeting the expectations of the members within the community. While no HOA is ever perfect and will likely not be able to please everyone, you can join the board to make a positive impact and help ensure its ability to operate in the way residents expect it to.
- Develop yourself: If you’re worried you don’t possess the skills needed to be on an HOA board, don’t worry about it—remember, HOA boards are composed of volunteers, most of whom do not possess all skills necessary for such a management or leadership position. It’s often very much a learn-on-the-job sort of situation. After some time on the board, you’ll find yourself a much more capable and confident leader, which can help you develop yourself in your home and career lives, while you also improve skills relating to finances, maintenance, and budgeting.
- Give back to your community: Perhaps you’re simply looking for a way to contribute something meaningful to a community you love. By volunteering to be on the board for your HOA, you are stepping into a role that will give you plenty of chances to give back, which can make it an opportunity to get a lot of satisfaction out of the work you do for your neighborhood.
- Have fun: HOAs don’t have to be boring. It can be a lot of fun to interact with fellow board members and community members. While there is a degree of responsibility that comes with being on a HOA board, you can also think of it as an extracurricular activity through which you can make new friends and get better acquainted with your neighbors. It can also be an outlet for you to exercise your creativity and problem-solving skills, which can be quite fun as well.
For more reasons to get involved with HOA management in Chandler, AZ, contact us today.